Biuletyn EU Welcome - lipiec 2008 część 1.

Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton

Moderator: machinogodzilla

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

śr lip 02, 2008 7:03 am

Hi

I have lots of ideas. Some are good but others are rubbish! One of my latest is to organise a photography exhibition where people who have come to Southampton, and other places in Hampshire, from EU countries have a chance to display photographs that they have taken of the area. Good idea or rubbish? Possible or impossible? If this interests you, please let me know. Maybe we could arrange a meeting to discuss it?

Below are some other ideas......

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1) Wednesday 9 July 'Let's talk About..' Informal café chat! 7.00pm at 'Sweet Tooth Cukierenka' 22 Bedford Place SO15 2BD. A chance to chat, practise your English, drink good coffee, eat cakes and meet new people. This is for people from all E.U. countries. Come along to find out more. We'd like to thank Eric Robinson solicitors who now sponsor this event

2) St Edmund's Roman Catholic Church is holding an 'international mass' on Friday 11 July at 7pm followed by barbecue with 'foods of the world.' All welcome!

3) Need some advice or fancy a chat? Our next Advice Evening takes place on Friday 18 july from 6pm to 8pm We help people fill in forms and give information on benefits, work and housing issues plus anything else that is on your mind, and now we co-operate with the Polish* Psychologists' Club to be able to help people going through stressful times. We can offer advice on problems with children, teenagers, personal problems, coping with life on emigration, coping with stress at work, at home, at university / school, decision making etc. So come along to George Williams House, YMCA Building ,Cranbury Place SO14 0LG (near London Road and Inner Avenue )

4) Target Accounting 488 Portswood Rd SO17 3SP in hosting an evening each month with Lloyds/TSB Bank. The next one is Tuesday 29 July from 7-9pm. It's a chance to open accounts and receive banking advice with Polish interpreters. They also can give tax / financial advise, and people who already have accounts with Lloyds can come and talk to polish staff about any queries they may have. Contact Pawel on 02380 555940 or pawel@targetaccounting.co.uk

5) The Parent and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street happens each Tuesday morning. If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families. We will be running this throughout the Summer!

6) Walks! I really enjoyed the two walks round the old part of Southampton that we did in June. I'm planning some more walks in August for EU Welcome, probably 8 August at 7pm and 17 August at 2pm. If that's too long to wait, I'm also doing walks this Thursday 3 July and on Friday 18 July both at 10.30am (These are for everyone; not just EU Welcome)

* We have translation into Polish available at all of our meetings, but will always try to offer translation into other languages. Let us know if this is needed

Other News!

Would you like to study at Southampton Solent University and get a Bachelors or Masters degree? What is stopping you? Too expensive? English not good enough? It could be possible!!! Believe! Contact euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk or call Dave on 07786 392886. A date for your diary! Wednesday 6 August. Open Evening at Solent University for people from EU countries. More details to follow

Southampton City Library is looking for more books in European languages. If you have any books in reasonable condition that you don't want, let me know, or take them down to Central Library

Sara Cotton has just finished a bachelors degree at University of Southampton and has offered to do a couple of research projects for us. We are aware that there is a lot of provision for local Polish people but far less for other EU Citizens, and we'd like to put that right. So she may be in touch with you ffrom her e mail address of sara_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

HSBC Bank kindly sponsor our 'Survival guide.' To help Polish people survive they now have a Polish advisor available in their High Street Branch, Southampton. If you want to open an account, or find out any information you can ask for Agnieszka
Dylan Theodore is working on a project to provide materials for schools, about what it is like to be a EU migrant in Hampshire. He is looking to use peoples' stories. If you would like to offer some help or would like more details you can contact Dylan on dylantheodore1@yahoo.co.uk

Gosport Borough presents 'New Communities Come Together.'
Thursday 10th July at Fort Brockhurst – Gunners Way , Elson PO12 4DS Call in anytime between 3pm and 7pm. Refreshments available

'Would you like a chance to meet people from your community as well as others, find out what’s going on in and around Gosport , a chance to practice English, get information on local services?'

For further information please contact Leah White leah.white@gosport.gov.uk 07515084050

Opportunites to improve your English!

a) Language Work is offering FREE classes every Wednesday afternoon. We will be practising reading, writing, conversation and pronunciation and much more! We have other classes at different times and days from only £5 per week. If you are interested please phone or txt 07922 626024 or email info@languagework.co.uk. But hurry, classes are filling up fast!
Also take a look at our website http://www.languagework.co.uk for exciting social activities coming up, everyone welcome.......come along have fun, meet people and practise your English.

b) English lessons taught by TEFL trained teacher with 7 years experience teaching abroad and 4 years teaching in UK .
Group lessons available. All types of courses to choose from including:
- Conversational English- Business English- Exam courses- Grammar lessons- Beginners
Times on offer are from 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm Mondays - Thursdays
Please contact Stephen Capon on 01489 550 550 between Monday and Friday, after 5pm

c) Waterfront Church is starting an English language class in September at the Warren Centre,
Chestnut road, Shirley Warren so16 6AY. The course will cost £10 for the term
and will be on Tuesdays from 9.30-11.30 and will be for any ability. For more details contact 02380333747 tesol@waterfront.org.uk

Next polish radio programmes on Unity 101. The music show is on 20 July from 6pm to 8pm.

Click on http://www.euwelcome.org for more details about EU Welcome

If you have any ideas about what EU Welcome could do for you, please contact us

Dave 07786 392886 euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk or Anna 07928 362088 anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

For more info in simple English http://www.sotonnewcom.org.uk

Best wishes

Dave and Anna

Please note. We advertise services on here free of charge. It doesn't mean we can personally recommend the services or businesses involved. Be wise!
[img]http://www.obrazki.info/miniatury/SugarwareZ-253.gif[/img]

[b]Będziesz pisał na temat, nie będziesz spamował, będziesz...[/b]

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6522/ubd3874.png[/img]
Sotonski
Zaczyna Działać
Kontakt:

ndz lip 13, 2008 2:38 am

Hi. I have to say your ideas are really good. We're glad that You are a person who is interested in that wide number of themes.
Organise a photography exhibition? Why not, and i think that could be combined with competition. I bet would be a lots of artists. I know view.
Question is where and how to show photography? As presentation of pictures on big screen or as printed pictures. How do You think?

...meeting to discuss it?
Of course. I could help You to organise it.

Regards
Marcin Sotonski
"Pracuje z nudów i nudze sie w pracy :)"
Awatar użytkownika
ANECZKA25
Administrator

ndz lip 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Sotonski, rozumiem ze to bylo do Dave'a. Przekaze mu Twoja wiadomosc. On nie jest zarejestrowany na forum i nie czyta postow, bo jeszcze za dobrze nie rozumie po polsku (ale intensywnie sie uczy:-))
Pozdr
A
---Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her---
ODPOWIEDZ