Wiadomości od Dave'a Adcock'a ...czyli co sie dzieje w Soton

Moderator: machinogodzilla

ODPOWIEDZ
Awatar użytkownika
e-admin
Administrator

pn wrz 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi

EU Welcome needs your help. Our current funding will come to an end over the next 12 months, and we may not be able to continue to do what we do! We want to find out if we should continue, and what we should be doing. So, in the next couple of weeks we will send you a short questionnaire for you to fill in. It should only take a few minutes and you can do it in English or your own language.

I've not had confirmation yet from Marlands Mall about the photo/art exhibition (it's all gone quiet!)...but will let you know more details as soon as I can. If you read on, you will see I need some volunteers over the next few weeks. Let me know if you can help. Hope to see you at Let's Talk About on Wednesday. See below for details. Interesting guests coming this month!

..................................................................................................................................................................................

1) �Let�s Talk About..� Informal CafÊ Chat 7pm Wednesday 1 October at Cukierenke (Sweet Tooth) CafÊ, 22 Bedford Place so15 2bd. A chance to chat, speak some English, have some coffee and cakes and meet new people. Interesting guests! Thanks to Eric Robinson Solicitors who sponsor this monthly event

2) Our next Advice Evening takes place on Friday 10 October from 6pm to 8pm We help people fill in forms, create a CV, and give information on benefits, work and housing issues plus anything else that is on your mind, and now we co-operate with the Polish* Psychologists' Club to be able to help people going through stressful times. You can also register for English lessons. If you would also like free tax advice or are interested in going self-employed or starting your own business we can also provide free help (let us know) So come along to George Williams House, YMCA Building ,Cranbury Place SO14 0LG (near London Road and Inner Avenue )

3) On the last Tuesday in each month Target Accounting and Lloyd�s/TSB Bank run an open evening at Targets office 488 Portswood Road so17 3sp. It�s a chance to open accounts and to ask any banking, financial or tax questions with Polish interpreters available. The next one takes place on Tuesday 30 September from 7pm and the one after that on 28 October. For more details contact Pawel on 02380 555940 or pawel@targetaccounting.co.uk There will also be a layer present offering free legal advice

4) The Parent and Children's group at St Boniface Church, Shirley High Street happens each Tuesday morning. If you have children under 5, or know people who have, it is a great place to come. It runs from 10am, and is open to all Eastern European families.

And, looking further ahead we have a 'Workers Rights' meeting scheduled for 6.30pm on 19 November, and a tour round the BBC studios on 9 December at 6.15pm. Details to follow

* We have translation into Polish available at all of our meetings, but will always try to offer translation into other languages. Let us know if this is needed

Volunteers Needed

a) On Tuesday 7 October I am meeting with a group of 16-17 year old students who are doing a project on EU migration. We will meet at 12 noon at St Boniface Church Hall in Shirley Road. If you can come and help me, please let me know.

b) Also on 7 October at 7pm I am meeting with a group of midwives and some of their clients. One again help needed.

c) EU welcome is working with the local health service to make sure that good information is available to EU citizens about contraception, and what options there are for women who find themselves unexpectantly pregnant. We�d like to set up a group of volunteers to help with this, which would involve occasional meetings and some translation work at home. There will be a meeting on 22 October at 1.30pm at the Gentio-urinary Medicine department ( GUM ) on B level at the Royal South Hants Hospital . If you can come please let me know, but if you are interested yet cannot come�.also let me know!

What's on?

Every Sunday at 10.30am there is free guided walk round old Southampton. Meet at the Bargate outside the Bargate Centre

Other News!

Do you live in Gosport? Come and meet people from Gosport Borough Council, Citizens Advice Bureau and Job Centre Plus on 1 October at St Vincent's College Conference Room, Mill Lane, Gosport from 3pm to 6pm. Foir more details call Leah on 07515084050 or mail <leah.white@gosport.gov.uk>;

A Polish translator is needed for an event in Gopsort on Saturday 1 November. Payment/expences are available. If you're interested mail euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

Community Builders are running Free Training for volunteers on �how to develop your community group�. The training will be the chance for volunteers to get fresh IDEAS and practical TRICKS & TIPS. It will be run with the help of TWICS (Training for work in Communities in Southampton ) and will be practical and fun, as opposed to academic. There will also be a nice celebratory lunch to thank volunteers for taking part! The course will be on two Wednesdays (8th and 15th October)10.00 -3.00 at James Street Church (James Street, just off St Mary Street in Southampton)
Benefits to the attendees :
- Two days in a different, fun environment, getting new ideas
- a fun arts/crafts activity
- Chance to meet people from other groups we've worked with and make useful contacts
- Practical advice that can be put to use back in your group (i.e. Increasing membership, finding funders..)
- a goodie bag, with a Tips and Tricks reference guide to take away and keep
- a guest speaker from Southampton Voluntary Services (or similar) on day 1
- a celebratory lunch at City College on day 2
- a certificate of attendance and training to add to their C.V. CONTACT EU WELCOME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

A house in Carnation Road Bassett will be available for rent from December or maybe earlier; 3 bedroom; ÂŁ675 per month Part furnished. Brand new fitted kithen Large garden with decking For more information please contact Lois or Jonathan Stott, lois@foothold.org 07771 893270

We are looking for a Polish speech therapist! Let us know if you can help.

Business Link Enterprise Gateway � Polish Programme 2008/2009

The Enterprise Gateway is holding workshops designed to help individuals within the Polish community become self employed. The sessions will be delivered in Polish and will be held over two evenings at the YMCA in Southampton at 6.00-9.00pm on the 6th and 7th October 2008 and then repeated on the 16th and 17th February 2009..

The first evening�s session is called �Think Business� and will discuss the initial set up of a new business and the different ways of establishing yourself. The second session is called �Realising Your Potential� and will talk about how to set up and run a successful business and also provide information on sources of free advice.

If you are interested in booking onto any of the above courses please contact the following;

Grace (English speaking) 01329 223257 or email grace.harvey@businesslinkhampshireiow.co.uk

Or Ania (Polish speaking) 07736 233459 or email ania.czerwonka@businesslinkhampshireiow.co.uk � please note Ania is only available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Poles Apart Ltd jest nowym panelem internetowym stworzonym dla celow badania opinii spolecznej. Dyrektorzy firmy rekrutuja czlonkow panelu, ktorzy moga pochodzic z roznych sciezek zyciowych, ale musza byc polskiego pochodzenia i mieszkac w UK .

Poles Apart Ltd proponuje ciekawa metode spedzenia wolnego czasu, odpowiadajac na badania internetowe oraz uczeszczajac na rozmowy, za ktore placimy od �£2-�£50 zaleznie od lokalizacji i dlugosci rozmowy. Wszystkie odpowiedzi sa anonimowe, chcemy jedynie wiedziec, co Polacy mysla o pewnych produktach na rynku oraz jakie sa ich opinie na temat niektorych zdarzen politycznych i spolecznych. Mowimy po polsku.

Dolacz sie do nas! Dlaczego nie zarabiac pieniedzy, wyrazajac swoje opinie? Przeslij swoje zapytanie badz zgloszenie na: PanelManager@polesapartonline.com

look out for the new edition of Polski Glos. Out soon!

Next polish radio programmes on Unity 101. The music show is on 19 OCTOBER from 6pm to 8pm.

Opportunites to improve your English!

Language Work offers classes from only ÂŁ5 per week. If you are interested please phone or txt 07922 626024 or email info@languagework.co.uk. You can meet Language Work and find out about their courses at Cukierenke 22 Bedford Place from 6pm on 1 October (just before 'Let's Talk About') or during our Advice Evening at the YMCA building from 6pm on 10 October

Click on http://www.euwelcome.org for more details about EU Welcome

If you have any ideas about what EU Welcome could do for you, please contact us

Dave 07786 392886 euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk or Anna 07928 362088 anna_euwelcome@yahoo.co.uk

Best wishes

Dave and Anna

Please note. We advertise services on here free of charge. It doesn't mean we can personally recommend the services or businesses involved. Be wise!
[img]http://www.obrazki.info/miniatury/SugarwareZ-253.gif[/img]

[b]Będziesz pisał na temat, nie będziesz spamował, będziesz...[/b]

[img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6522/ubd3874.png[/img]
ODPOWIEDZ